Gwadar deep sea port is the one of the great moment of Pak-China friendship. Wu Bangguo, Chinese vice-premier laid the foundation of the port in March 2002.
- To caters for Bulk Cargo, General Cargo, RORO Ships, containers.
- To facilitate industrial and economic development, and trade regional, nationally and locally.
- To remain aligned with the expectation of national and international customers and stakeholders.
- In doing so, the development of both Gwadar Port and Gwadar City will provide important contributions to socio-economical development of Gwadar and the province of Balochistan.
Current Port Infrastructure
- 3 multipurpose berths each of 200 metres long
- One 100 metres service berth
- One Roll-on/roll-off facilty
- 4.7 Km (3 miles) long approach channel dredged to 14.4 metres (47 feet) at outer channel, 13.8 (45 feet) at inner channel/ turning basin and 14.5 metres (47.5 feet) depth alongside the berth.
- Outer Channel is 206 metres (675 feet) and width of inner channel is 155 metre (508 feet).
- Turning Basin 595 metres (1952 feet) in diameter.
Current Port Facilities
- Port Area ————————————————-64,000 square metres (16 acres)
- Area for Container Stacking————————-48,278 square metres ( 12 acres)
- Reef Cargo space—————————————367 square metres ( 0.09 acres) 400 points
- Stacking area for Empty container—————–6,785 square metres (1.67 acres)
- Transit Shed———————————————-3750 square metres (1 acre approx.)
- Storage yard———————————————28,669 square metres ( 7 acres approx.)
- Storage area for Hazardous cargo—————-1,800 square metres (0.44 acre)
- Control tower (foot print only)———————1,536 square metres(0.37 acre)
- Generator building————————————-593 square metres (0.14 acre)
- General Maintenance workshop——————-1,440 square metres (0.35 acre)
- Vehicles Servicing Garage—————————450 square metres (0.11 acre)
- Security building —————————————65 square metres
- Mosque —————————————————3,24 square metres
- Operations offce and canteen per floor———1,742 square metres
- Lorry car park——————————————–1,125 square metres
- Area for future development———————–118,575 square metres (29.30 acres approx.)
- Oil recovery system————————————1 complete set
- Common offices for G.P.A. customers immigration several floors, per floor area is 4,144 square metres
- VHF/DSC including INMARSAT-B Complete system
- Current Port Equipments
- Crafts and Vessels
- Two Tug Boats (each of 2400 Horse Power)
- One Survery Boat
- One Working Boat
- One Mooring Boat
- Two Pilot Boats
Cranes and Yard Equipments
- Five Rails mounted Cranes
- I.2×40 tons 40 metres
- II.2×16 tons 33 metres
- III.2×10 tons 33 metres cranes
- Two 40 tons RTGS
- Two 10 tons mobile cranes
- Refrigeration Container Sockets 400 in numbers.
- Power House Main Generator (1.5 MW each) 03 in Numbers
- Power House Emergency Generator (116 KW)
- Twelve Fork lift trucks with rated lifting capacity 5 tons.
- Two Containers Reach stackers, capacity of 40 tons
- Six Containers trackors, capacity of 100 KN.
- Four container semi-trailers, carring on 40 feet container ro two 20 feet containers.
- Four hundered and twenty five (425) t flat trucks
- Four hundered and ten (410) t flat trucks
- Eight hoppes, 6×6 metres
- Eight mobile baggine plants, capacity of 50 tonnes per hour
- Twelve Fork lift trucks, capacity of 5 tonnes
- Two Weighing bridges, Capacity of 80 tonnes
- Two Fire Tender
- One Sweeping Vehicle
- One Garbage Truck
- Oil Tanker
A desalination plant of capacity 100,000 gallons per day has been installed at Gwadar port to supply drinking water to ships calling Gwadar Port.
Gwadar Port Authority
Pak-China Friendship Avenue, Gwadar, Balochistan
Gwadar Port Cell Ministry of Port Shipping
3rd Floor Shaheed-e-Millat Secrtrait Islamabad
Gwadar Port Authority Nucleus Office
6 Sunny side, Civil Lines, Karachi
Fax: (0092)21- 36450400